2006 Polar Bear at Red River Gorge
The 06' Polar Bears: Greg, Rick, Jimmy, Paul Webb, Pete, Steve and Doug.
We called this the Chalet Trip because Doug brought his camper with a heater in it. Even though it got down to 5F the camper stayed nice and warm at 60F. The 2006 Polar Bears were Greg, Rick, Jimmy, Paul Webb, Pete, Steve and Doug. They spent a beautiful snowy weekend at the Red River Gorge hiking in the Grey's Arch area.
2006 PB Thoughts from Rick,
- shining a flashlight at the back of your head does not help you see behind you.
- after warning a first time polar bear camper to alert everyone else if he begins to feel hypothermia, tuck him in his freezing tent and then go to the warm chalet`.
- finger kites do not work in the woods.
- polar bear founders like warm chalets too.
- some members were referred to this year as "truck man".
- as usual, we were surrounded by pecker wood.
- after warning campers of the dangers of alcohol and cold, the first thing you ask for is another beer.
- as always, we missed our polar bear members who could not be with us this year.